Saturday, January 18, 2014

Swimming with Fish

I swim aware man made climate change and global warming will irreversibly and adversely affect the marine life I see.

I used a Canon S100 point and shoot with its waterproof case to photograph and video marine life. I didn't use a snorkel, just swim goggles. I shot the video at 1280 x 720 24p then downscaled it to 960 x 540 24p to make it lighter for mobile devices. I have hosted videos in the Internet Archive, Blip.tv and You Tube. I am trying Flickr's hosting that limits its video length at 1:30. This is why these fish videos are at 1:30 but these are hosted on You Tube.

UPDATE: This following video was an actual 5 minute swim I took with just swim goggles and the camera. I had no flotation device, just threaded along the school of trevallys, and kept the camera rolling underwater when I took breaths of air at the surface. The trevally school was swimming no more than 8 feet below the surface.

No comments: