Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Renzo Gracie Jiu Jitsu

The only real place to learn Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is with the Renzo Gracie Team in NYC. Granted you have to apply yourself, just with everything else. I only have a blue belt and I've only practiced lightly. I competed for the Renzo Gracie Team in only a handful of sport tournaments (about 5) in the NY City area. My career in firefighting put a stop to the training and competing due to time constraints. I also don't want to blow out any of my joints off-duty. My job puts a roof over my head and keeps the bills paid. Anyhow, I've gotten injured on the job- knee and back. I think I'll train again just to stay practiced.I competed at 139 lb and below &149 lb and below. I competed at adult beginner, intermediate, and master (30 yr. & older). I walk at 155 lb now at 5' 4", which makes me overweight by a several pounds according to BMI. Go visit renzogracie.com

No comments: