Sunday, May 13, 2007

Chinese Poetry


Watch the Video
Another quick video post playing with the 16:9 setting on a regular DV camcorder. I pushed it thru iTunes to get its compression iPod compatible (Advanced Settings> Make selection iPod compatible). I want to see if the RSS 2.0 feed picks this up and loads it into a video iPod. The previous video post was picked up by iTunes but the compression had to be corrected. I used the automatic iMovie NTSC 16:9 setting (720 x 480) and made the thing smaller using QT Pro 7. I still looked like Bert though. I think I'll just import directly to DV then downsize it proportionally using QT Pro 7 on the next vlog post.

Bill Cammack has a Vlog Death Match at vlogdeathmatch.blogspot.com. I've made music vlog posts before- 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 etc, etc. The challenge is make a music video. I'm really not a watcher of music videos but i have covered live bands (Alice Donut, Dysrhytmia, Hogg, and Jerseyband) on my vlog.

If it's a band, music is number one. I've made lousy music using Acid 2.0 and Garageband, and no freakish music video is ever going to get them any play. I even gave them away for free.



Anyhow my entry is some Japanese chanting Chinese poetry over my baking bread and folding a Judo uniform. The music is called "Song of Friendship in Poverty". You will have to hit up someone like Nathan Miller (who did a great entry) to get a translation. My entry is the torpedo that will sink the party boat.

CC share alike for the video only. The audio isn't mine.

links: Save Darfur, Voter Reform, The World Can't Wait

No comments: