Friday, February 24, 2006

Brief Job History


Watch the video
26.4 MB 5 min. My brief job history. Back in Sept. 11, 2001, I had a 10:30 AM eye appointment at 26 Broadway. I stayed out the night before to watch Jerk Alert (from Brooklyn) punk band at some Lower east Side Bar (Meow Mix). Some noise band also played and after their set I headed up north on Ave. A. I ran into a painter I knew, Kerry Law, who was in a band called the Moths (the NY, US one) and chit chatted. Behind him, I swear on my grandma's grave about 50 meters were white robed worshippers (from the 1st Ave Masjid I guess) walking south. My gut reaction was "Holy shit they're out tonight!" , I didn't say anything, it was the Lower East Side anyways. The morning after- I missed my eye appointment downtown. I would have been 4 blocks away. I think I would have hung around because I was a firefighter candidate at the time. I was starting to buff jobs. My eye appointment was leading up to my Lasik operation. My cousin was very upset because she actually worked by the DCAS and saw people leaping off.

4 comments:

Nathan Miller said...

Great narrative!
Good story telling!
I was in Japan when it happened, it was a Tuesday night...my girlfriend at the time, called and said the World Trade Centers were being attack...and then she said, that kinda thing happens everyday in American, doesn't it?

Levois said...

You look uncomfortable in this video but it was great that you told some of your story.

missbhavens said...

What a journey for you, job-wise!

It's a hell of a job you do--I'm glad that it fills you with pride. It should.

Right on.

Becca said...

Interesting story. I like the tagalog subtitles. I'm trying to learn Tagalog myself, so this was a good lesson for me.